This global crisis is touching every country, every family, every person and every sector of society. As stressed by the UN Secretary-General, António Guterres, “We must all play our part to overcome this threat together.”
UNICRI is following the recommendations of the World Health Organization (WHO), the public authority of the host country (Italy) and the UN Headquarters.
- United Nations HQ, New York -United Nations Headquarters, New York Conference Room 11 2 April 2019, h:15.00 – 18.00 UNICRI, together with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) and
- The Hague -A new report “Artificial Intelligence and Robotics for Law Enforcement” has been published by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute’s (UNICRI), Centre for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics, and Innovation Ce
- Launching of the Policy Toolkit on The Hague Good Practices on the Nexus between Transnational Organized Crime and TerrorismMalaga -
- Brussels -Joint meeting at the European Parliament hosted by Member of the European Parliament Ana Gomes and co-organised with UNICRI Political violence and societal extremism worldwide are neither diminishing nor contained and continue to represe
- Geneva -UNICRI and SICPA sign a new agreement On 29 January 2019 UNICRI and SICPA signed a multi-year agreement for the new phase of the UNICRI project on Security through Research, Technology and Innovation (SIRIO).
- New research study on Identification and Analysis of Malware on Selected Suspected Copyright-Infringing WebsitesTurin -A new research study on the identification and analyses of malware on selected suspected copyright-infringing websites was published by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- Palais des Nations, Geneva -Expert workshop on Blockchain Opportunities and Challenges On Monday 29 January, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, UNICRI convened a restricted group of global experts from international organizations, the private sector and
- Pilot African Regional Conference on Comparative review of biological threats needs assessments & NAPs implemented under WHO (IHR-JEE), EU CBRN CoE, 1540 UNSCR & BWCRabat -The mitigation of biological risks in Africa, in the wake of the West Africa Ebola crisis (2014-2016), has been the focus of the two-day African Regional Conference, co-
- European Union (EU) Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Centres of Excellence Initiative (CoE)Hanoi, Vietnam -Project 46 - Awareness-Raising workshops at the CBRNe Summit Asia 2016 On December 7, 2016 in Hanoi (Vietnam) two awareness-raising workshops took place at the the CBRNe Summit Asia within the framework of Project 46 of
- Lao People's Democratic Republic: towards the finalization of the National Action Plan to mitigate chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear risksVientiane -European Union Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Centres of Excellence Risk Mitigation Initiative The third, and last, in a series of workshops focused on the development of a Lao PDR CBRN National Action Plan (NAP) i
- The UN Group of Friends on Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Risk Mitigation: promoting the work of the EU CBRN Centers of Excellence Initiative worldwideNew York -The outcome of a recent Side-event of the UN General Assembly highlighted the strong consensus towards a common security culture based on regional and international cooperation and in the area of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBR
- Rome -Mainstreaming gender and promoting vulnerable groups’ access to health and social services Conclusion of workshop on DAWN The final workshop of Project DAWN (Drugs, Alcohol and Women Network) organized by the United Nations Int
- Geneva -How Big Data Analytics can impact and possibly enhance the security of individuals and society On 4-5 July 2016 the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) organized the workshop on “Using big data anal
- Vientiane -
- Naples -Lessons learned and suggested practices to disrupt the impact of organized crime on the legal economy The Report prepared by UNICRI on "Organized Crime and the Legal Economy" has been presented and discussed today in Naples during a work
- La formation PRISM sur les Discours Haineux et Crime haineux se tiendra à Paris, du 13 au 15 Avril 2016Paris -Un atelier de formation sur les discours et les crimes haineux se tiendra à Paris du 13 au 15 Avril 2016.
- Turin -New publication on illicit pesticides, organized crime and supply chain integrity